As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

Friday, August 22, 2025

Tempio di Portuno

The Temple of Portunus

The Temple of Portunus is one of the best preserved temples in Rome.  It was built at the end of the 2nd century BC, or the beginning of the 1st century BC.  It is located next to the circular temple Temple of Hercules Victor, across the street from the Mouth of Truth housed in the Basilica di Santa Maria in Cosmedin.  It is believed to have been dedicated to the god Portunus.  Portunus was the god of keys, doors and livestocks.  The temple is located at Piazza della Bocca della Verita, 00186 in Rome. 

location of Temple of Portunus



The Temple of Portunus is right next to the Temple of Hercules Victor.  Both are gated off and cannot be visited inside.  


Rome, Italy Memorabilia and Information

As an Amazon Associate, I earn on qualifying purchases.  This is at no additional cost to you.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

My Top Ten Favorite European Destinations

My Top Ten Favorite European Destinations I absolutely love visiting Europe! I have visited so many amazing places that making a list of onl...